Best BBQ Chicken Kebabs Recipe
This isn’t your ordinary barbecue chicken. In fact, these BBQ Chicken Kebabs are the best barbecue chicken I’ve tasted. It will no doubt earned its place among the best chicken recipes out there! A few easy extra steps genuinely add a depth of flavor that you can’t get from just a BBQ sauce. Don’t let it overwhelm you … it’s easier than you think!
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
4 teaspoons sugar
2-3 slice raw bacon, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1. Trim chicken of excess fat, then cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the salt. Then covering with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to one hour.
2. Turn all grill burners to high, close lid, and hot for about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on, but turn off other burners.
3. Meanwhile, pat the chicken pieces dry with newspaper towels. In a small bowl, blend both paprika and sugar. Place the raw bacon in a food processor or blender and pulse for about 30 -4 5 seconds, until a smooth paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl twice throughout. Add the bacon paste and spice concoction to the chicken. Mix with hands or spatula until the ingredients are mixed and chicken is coated. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, rolling or folding as needed to maintain 1-inch cubes.
4. Grill the chicken over the primary burner with lid shut, turning one-quarter of a turning every 2 minutes or so, until browned and slightly charred( about 8 minutes total for chicken breast and 10 minutes for thighs ). Brush the top of kebabs with BBQ sauce; flip and cook until sauce is browned in spots, about 1 minute. Brush second side with sauce; flip and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through.
5. Remove kebabs from grill, tent with foil, and let rest for five minutes. Serve, passing remaining BBQ sauce separately, if desired.