Since I am doing a quotes list, I decided that each character will get two lists. One for funny quotes and the other for more touching, sentimental quotes. These quotes were picked by me by using the quotes section on the Big Bang Theory’s site. These are not a reflection of the fan base, just my opinion. But I’m sure you’ll find a quote you like anyway. Some of these might straddle the funny/heartwarming line.
10. Raj: Hello, Emily.
Raj: Amy told me you were concerned that I might be too passive and shy. Let me ask you something: would a passive guy barge in here to look you in the eye and say “Hey, dew-kissed flower. What’s up?”
Emily: No, but a weird guy with no boundaries might.
Raj: Okay, that’s a separate issue. Let’s put a pin in that and just focus on the passive thing.
Why I Picked It: Raj finally going after what he wants is heartwarming. He’s speaking to girls!
9. Raj: But excuse me, I have something to say. None of you may realize it, but I was very much looking forward to this weekend. It was gonna be like the old days — the four of us hanging out, playing video games, before you guys all got girlfriends. Do you have any idea what it’s like to be the only one without a girlfriend? Even if I get one someday, I’ll still be the guy who got a girl after Sheldon Cooper!
Why I Picked It: It takes a lot of guts to open yourself up like that.
8. Yvette: You’re the owner?
Raj: Owner. Father. Soul mate. And, if anything happens to her, your (Leonard & Penny) worst nightmare!
Why I Picked It: His friends may make fun of him, but Raj is a good pet owner.
7. Raj: I haven’t cried this hard since Toy Story 3.
Why I Picked It: Who hasn’t cried during Toy Story 3?
6. Emily: It’s okay. At some point we were bound to have our first fight.
Raj: Well, it almost happened when you called my Apple Pie crust doughy. But the truth is, you were right and I was just angry at myself.
Why I Picked It: Making up is always heartwarming.
5. Raj: I just want you to know I’m happy to look in on Bernadette while you’re gone.
Howard: Thank you.
Raj: And if anything were to happen to you, we will name our first born son Howard. I’m just kidding, we’ll name him Daleep after my grandfather.
Why I Picked It: Raj and Howard have such a great friendship.
4. Raj: You know, if I made more money, I could take time off from work and give pretty girls submarine rides.
Howard: What’s that? Some weird sex thing?
Raj: No. You take pretty girls underwater in your private submarine, and you show them fish. Why does everything have to be dirty with you?
Why I Picked It: Because he doesn’t think about sex all the time.
3. Raj: When I moved to America I was pretty lonely, but when I met Howard my life changed because we could be lonely together.
Why I Picked It: Howard and Raj, best friends forever!
2. Raj: Yeah, Mrs. Wolowitz was pretty special. When I first moved to America, Howard was my only friend, and she made me feel so welcome in her home. Which says a lot, because those first few years she thought I was the gardener.
Why I Picked It: It was a nice thing to say about your best friend’s mother.
1. Emily: If I saw you out with another woman, I’d be pretty upset.
Raj: Thank you. Not just for being upset, but for believing that could happen.
Why I Picked It: It’s a sweet moment.