Moms — the key to human existence.
Seriously, though, if not for them, who would give birth all the babies? And who would keep things running?
Carrie Underwood is a mom. She has a son who’s nearly 2 years old, but also a country music career that she doesn’t put on hold.
Her son, Isaiah, has been chilling with mom while she’s on her Storyteller Tour, which has been going on for about a year. Obviously, any new parent is going to have to learn as they go, and Underwood has kept a cool head while doing so.
Often times, it takes a solid support system of people to be a parent.
Carrie Underwood belting out a song during concert (photo from Syracuse.com)
“It’s definitely different having a toddler out on the road with us,” Underwood told Sounds Like Nashville while backstage at her recent show in Indianapolis. “It does take a village, you know, and just lots of different people step up and watch him and play with him and just like to see him around. I’m like it’s kind of like take your son to work day every day, you know, and he’s always there and sometimes things might take a little long for me to get ready because he’s just everywhere, but it’s great too, just being able to spend all day with him.”
Despite the craziness that a toddler can bring, Underwood is thrilled to be able to spend so much time around him.
“Our bus is a mess and there’s like blocks everywhere and stuffed animals everywhere and constantly filled with ‘don’t play in the trash,’ ‘you can’t jump off the bed,’ just things like that. ‘Don’t try to ride the dog,’” she said with a laugh. “Today, he was playing in my little mascara, eye liner bag that I have and he took the eyeliner out and started drawing on his face with it.”
Underwood’s son, Isaiah, having a laugh (photo from PopSugar)
Underwood and little Isaiah will be traveling around the country as this tour wraps up at the end of November. Check out the rest of Underwood’s tour dates in both the US and Canada.
- October 17, 2016 Saint Paul Xcel Energy Center
- October 20, 2016 Cincinnati U.S. Bank Arena
- October 22, 2016 Charlottesville John Paul Jones Arena
- October 23, 2016 Charlotte Spectrum Center
- October 25, 2016 New York City Madison Square Garden
- October 27, 2016 Albany Times Union Center
- October 28, 2016 Uncasville Mohegan Sun Arena
- November 6, 2016 Hamilton First Ontario Centre
- November 9, 2016 Rockford BMO Harris Bank Center
- November 11, 2016 Evansville Ford Center
- November 13, 2016 Memphis FedExForum
- November 14, 2016 Birmingham Legacy Arena at The BJCC
- November 16, 2016 Tampa Amalie Arena
- November 17, 2016 Sunrise BB&T Center
- November 22, 2016 Wichita Intrust Bank Arena
- November 23, 2016 Oklahoma City Chesapeake Energy Arena
- November 26, 2016 Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena
- November 28, 2016 West Valley City Maverik Center