If you are wondering if you should drink a lot of beer to collect enough cans for these DIY projects, I would advise you to not reference this article as an excuse for your increased beer consumption.
However, you might invite some friends over for a beer night so that you won’t overwork your liver.
Wait, I’m giving you an excuse to drink.
You could also ask your neighbors and friends for some empty cans that are just stored in their homes. This way, you won’t have to spend on beers for their cans.
This article lists three DIY projects with soda cans and beer cans that can be used as accessories or room decor.
Get your craft kit and be careful not to get cut by the cans’ edges.
DIY Projects Using Soda Cans and Beer Cans: Earrings http://bywilma.com
Earrings? From soda or beer cans? Why haven’t we thought about this ourselves, right?
Well, if you want to do how it was done, you could read about it here.
However, if you want to make your own version of these earrings, you can do so using the following steps:
- Cut the entire body of the can that is made of thin material using a box cutter. After cutting, clean it with soap and water and wipe with dry cloth. Set it aside.
- Make a pattern of your design to make sure your earrings will be of the same size. Cardboard will work fine.
- Mark the outline of your design on the metal sheet and cut the designs out using a pair of scissors or cutter.
- Apply some details on your earrings by embossing. Learn how to make this here.
- Brush or spray paint on the earrings if you want. You may also use nail polish if available.
- Connect your pattern to earring hardware.
- Make multiple pairs and gift them to your girlfriends.
You can also make necklace and bracelet charms using these steps.
DIY Projects Using Soda Cans and Beer Cans: Bangles www.greatrecycledgifts.com
Soda cans are a perfect material to make bangles or clasps because they are flexible and are readily available.
Bangles made from soda cans can fit any size of wrist because of their thin material. Follow the following steps to make your own fab soda can bangles.
- Cut strips from the can’s body using a box cutter. The width will depend on how wide you want your bangles or bracelet to be.
- Clean the inside of the can with soap and water. Wipe it with a piece of dry cloth after.
- Choose a fabric and cut a piece big enough to cover the entire bangle. Thick fabrics such as denim work best. You may also use faux leather.
- Glue the fabric to the bangles by using strong glue or adhesive. You may cover the whole bangle or just the parts that can be seen when you are wearing it.
Note: You may also combine two strips together to make a more sturdy bangle.
DIY Projects Using Soda Cans and Beer Cans: Leaves http://savedbylovecreations.com
Use steps 1 to 3 from the how to make earrings above to the soda can leaves. Use some printable leaf patterns from the Internet.
These leaves are a great alternative for the real leaves we usually use for crafting. Even better, they can last forever. Well, almost.
Paint them to complement the seasons colors and they can be used as an all-year decor. You can also arrange them into a wreath.
Learn how to make the wreath pictureed above here.