In these cold months, leaving your cozy home for yoga class can feel like a chore. Enjoy the benefits of Bikram Yoga in the comfort of your own home with this at home guide.
What is Bikram Yoga?
Bikram Yoga, also known as Hot Yoga, is a popular practice for yogis who are looking to improve flexibility and break a sweat. The rigorous exercise involves 90 minutes of routine poses, all done in a toasty room up to 105 degrees.
Here’s What You’ll Need
• Yoga Mat
• An open space large enough to fit your mat and a few feet surrounding the mat
• Bikram Yoga DVD or audio guide
• A water bottle (Remember to stay hydrated before, during, and after the practice to avoid becoming dehydrated from excess sweating)
• 1-2 Space Heaters depending on the size and natural temperature of the room
• Thermometer to regulate temperature (This Yoga is typically practiced at 92º F-105ºF)
• Body length mirror to assess alignment