Writing all those couple analyses for the Big Bang Theory was fun. So, I thought why not take all that information I gathered and make a top ten list? Everyone loves lists! Or at least, I do! I could get stuck watching countdowns on TV for hours. So without further ado, here are MY top ten Sheldon and Amy moments.
10. The First Kiss: In the episode “The Agreement Dissection”, Sheldon joins Bernadette, Penny, and Amy for their girls’ night out, after Priya tries to make him eat Greek food, which he despises.
Later on in the episode, he is seen dancing with Amy, but not with Penny or Bernadette. At the end of the night, Sheldon brings Amy back to her apartment, as she is way too intoxicated. Amy invites Sheldon in for a Yoo-Hoo, which he accepts. Later, Amy kisses Sheldon. He responds with “fascinating” while Amy states “I hope you don’t take what I’m about to do as a comment on what we just did.” She then goes to bathroom and vomits.
9. “Not For You:” In “The Pulled Groin Extrapolation,” Amy askes Leonard instead of Sheldon to attend a wedding with her, since the last time Amy took Sheldon to a wedding didn’t go over so well. Later on, Sheldon tells Leonard that Amy is “not for you” after mistaking that something happened between the two.
8. Sign the Relationship Paperwork: Stuart, the comic book store owner, eventually expresses his interest in asking Amy out. Sheldon thinks that an intelligent woman like Amy would never agree to go out with someone as average as Stuart. When Sheldon finds out Amy actually agreed to go out with Stuart, he starts feeling jealous though he tries to hide it. Sheldon eventually crashes Amy’s movie date with Stuart. They agree to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Later, Amy finds Sheldon waiting for her at her apartment with a 31-page Relationship Agreement.
7. Learning to be a “we:” In “The Shiny Trinket Maneuver, “ the episode begins with Sheldon and Amy at The Cheesecake Factory on a date. Amy has major news to share with Sheldon. An article that she wrote is going to be published in the journal Neuron. Sheldon ignores Amy’s excitement and is too busy checking his Twitter. Upset, Amy heads to the restroom and leaves Sheldon alone.
Sheldon later confides in Penny that he does not feel excited by Amy’s accomplishment. Penny tells him to fake it and think about koalas as he is doing so, since koalas make him happy. After talking with Leonard, Sheldon decides to buy Amy a gift and ends up getting her a tiara. Later, when Sheldon presents the gift to Amy, Sheldon apologizes and congratulates her on her article.
6. “Good news, you’re an Astroid:” Raj and Sheldon eventually discover a medium size asteroid and Sheldon gets it named after Amy. She loves it.
5. Sharing Secrets: Amy gets Sheldon a new laptop after his old one dies. Instead of bringing the old laptop to the computer store to get credit for it, Sheldon decides to keep it. When asked why, he has Amy take him to his storage unit, where she discovers the truth about his hoarding addiction.
He then explains that he is unable to throw any of his old belongings away, and that he’s too ashamed of it to do something about it.
4. Trust: When Amy shows up for their dinner plans in “The Tangible Affection Proof,” she decides to cancel Valentine’s Day altogether. She tells him that they’ll eat pizza and watch one of his Star Trek/War movies since that is what he’d prefer and love to do on Valentine’s Day.
Sheldon decides to still give Amy her gift for her kind gesture, he shows Amy that she is now his emergency point of contact at the university. He tells Amy that if he’s had a stroke that she would be the one he wanted by his side which almost sends Amy into tears. This action shows her importance to Sheldon, that he trusts her and she hugs him tightly.
3. The Prom: In “The Prom Equivalency”, Sheldon is worried after hearing from both Penny and Leonard that the social convention after prom is to have sex with your date. After seeing Amy in her prom dress, Sheldon runs off distressed.
2. Revelations: In “The Earworm Reverberation”, Sheldon has a song stuck in his head which is driving him crazy. After Sheldon realizes the significance of the song (“Darlin” by the Beach Boys) and its connection to his feelings for Amy and how she has softened him, he heads over to her apartment.
Amy answers the door and tells Sheldon that it’s not a good time. Sheldon doesn’t care and tells her about the song, that he can’t get her out of his head/heart and that he loves her. Amy tells him she loves him too.
1. The First Time: In “The Opening Night Excitation,” Sheldon decides to skip the premiere of the new Star Wars movie so he can be with Amy on her birthday. Amy learns from the girls that he is planning on being physical with her.
That night Sheldon meets her in her apartment with flowers.
In her bedroom, Sheldon notices that Amy is visible shaking – she admits that although she’s wanted this for a long time, she’s nervous. Sheldon is also not sure what to expect and gently assures her that they’ll figure it out together. They lean in and share a tender kiss.
Picture taken from: http://www.thedailybeast.com/