Toxic and Dangerous Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat


It is very common to find dogs sitting next to the dinner table, waiting for their masters to give them a little bit of food off their plates.

Dog lovers are always dedicating their furry friends table scraps or small treats. If you are part of the group of puppy lovers who can’t say no to the puppy dog eyes at mealtimes, it’s important to know that you may be harming your pet by feeding it certain leftovers.

Here are the top 10 foods you should never give your dog.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate, especially dark chocolate is one of the most well-known foods that are bad for dogs. Dark chocolate is worse than milk chocolate and white chocolate.

2. Onions

Onions have bad parts that they are able hurt the red blood cells and cause hemolytic anemia and Heinz bodies to form in the erythrocytes of animals like dogs and cats.

3. Macadamia Nuts Macadamia nuts can also be really bad for puppies. Sometimes, after a puppy fees macadamia nuts, it can cause the body temperature to rise, a faster heartbeat, weakness, and vomiting. In the worst cases, it can even cause paralysis in dogs.

4. Grapes and Raisins

Grapes and raisins are bad for puppies because of the fungicides, herbicides, or pesticides that dirty them. Other ways they may be harmful is because they have a lot of metal, vitamin D, and fungus or mold in them.

5. Avocados

Avocado is another thing that should never be given to your puppy. The compound persin, which can be found in avocados, upsets the stomach, and is very bad for puppies. Persin is found in the avocado fruit, and its plant and leaves.

Also, the slippery pit can easily get stuck in your dog’s intestinal tract, and cause pain because of the blockage. Your dog will need surgery to fix this this problem.

6. Apple Cores

The core and seeds of an apple have toxic cyanide, which can be bad for your pet. Cyanide stops blood from carrying oxygen through the body, and many bodily functions will stop if they don’t get the right amount of oxygen.

The poisonous apple core will cause a few things, like misgiving, dilated pupils, salivating, exhaling problems, dizziness, collapse, seizures, hyperventilation, shock, and coma.

You can give your dog an apple as a treat, but merely after taking out the seeds and core. Also, don’t devote a rotten apple to your dog.

7. Alcohol

Do not dedicate any kind of alcohol to your pets, and make sure your pet doesn’t lick up any spilled beer or whiskey. Alcohol can harm your dog’s liver and brain, like it does to yours. But it’s worse for dogs, because their organs are smaller than human organs.

Also, having alcohol can cause the blood sugar level of your pet to drop. This can be really harmful, and your pet will need to get glucose very quickly to stop brain damage. Very low blood sugar can cause seizures in animals.

8. Bacon

You should never give raw or cooked bacon to your puppy, even if he gives you puppy puppy eyes.

Cooked bacon is a very fatty food that can cause canine pancreatitis, which can cause death. Fat trimmings, if they’re cooked or uncooked, can also cause this problem.

Because bacon has a lot of calories, it can cause obesity, hypothyroidism, and cardiovascular disease.

Also, the high quantity of salt found in bacon can lead to bloating. Bloating can cause a lot of gas in the stomach, which can be very harmful to your pet.

9. Wild Mushrooms

Eating wild mushrooms is dangerous for puppies, although common white mushrooms seem safe for puppies to feed. If eaten, wild mushrooms can cause abdominal ache, drooling, liver injury, kidney damage, vomiting, restlessness, diarrhea, convulsions, excessive urination, salivation, coma, or demise. If not treated right away, the toxins will gather in the body, and can lead to kidney or liver failure.

10. Any Food with Artificial Sweeteners Anything that has artificial sweeteners should not be given to your dog. These things can have xylitol, an artificial sweetener that can lead to too much insulin being sent into the blood, kidney failure, and worse.

Disclaimer: The the documentation and the information contained on Natural Cures channel are provided for general and educational purposes merely and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any cancer. Always attempt the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or is hypothesized that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.