They’re terrifying. Check out more awesome videos at BuzzFeedVideo!
Here are top ten reasons why Pit Bulls rule!
1. Pit Bulls are comparatively healthy. It is true that any breed of puppy( including mixed breed puppies) can inherit genetic issues. I have rescued thousands of Pit Bulls and the genetic issues that I have personally seen most often in Pit Bulls — demodectic mange, hip dysplasia, and patellar luxation — are not generally fatal. Note: These genetic issues are not seen in all — or even many — Pit Bulls.
2. Pit Bulls don’t require much grooming. Their short coat is very low maintenance and they can be bathed in very little time — not that they need to be bathed often. They do not required to brushed( though most enjoy it) or get doggie haircuts, and their fur is not naturally odiferous.
3. Pit Bulls are very eager to please people. A Pit Bull will do almost anything his favorite people ask of him, only to hear their kudo. These puppies crave our attention and approval, and are very social with humen. This devotion to people has contributed heavily to the bad reputation of Pit Bulls, because a bad person can use a Pit Bull’s eagerness to please to train the dog for nefarious or criminal purposes.
4. Pit Bulls are often very athletic. A Pit Bull will definitely motivate you to get daily exert, whether you merely want to walk around the block or train for a marathon. Pit Bulls also tend to excel at dog athletics like agility. However, Pit Bulls are not obsessive about exercise, like some breeds.
5. Pit Bulls are super loyal. When you adopt a Pit Bull, you have a friend for life, through thick and thin. While Pit Bulls are not good guard dogs because they just love people so much, they may liaise if someone threatens “their” humans.
6. Pit Bulls are great with children. Pit Bulls are a loyal, people-oriented breed that thrive as part of the family. They are affectionate with both adults and children. Note: All infants should be taught how to interact with animals and should be supervised when playing with any animal.
7. Pit Bulls are hilarious. Just like people, all dogs are distinct someones, but Pit Bulls are usually exploding with personality and they love to stimulate us laugh by clowning around. They are fun and playful, even as they get older.
8. Pit Bulls love, love, love people. And Pit Bulls do not discriminate against humans for any reason. Even if a Pit Bull does not like other puppies, they typically love humans and are happiest when they are with us. They remind us of this by wiggling blithely and kissing us often!
9. Pit Bulls love to snuggle. Even the most athletic Pit Bull will also have a sedentary side and crave being hugged and petted. Adopt a Pit Bull and you will have a constant companion keeping you warm in bed, on the sofa, on your lap in your favorite chair. Did I mention that many Pit Bulls don’t realize they are too big to be lap dogs? For this reason and because they are so trainable, Pit Bulls can be excellent therapy puppies!
10. And the# 1 reasons for Pit Bulls rule? The Pit Bull smile. Pit Bulls are great for your mental health. If you are having a bad day, one look at your Pit Bull’s huge smile and lolling tongue will surely build you smile and their zest for life is infectious. Truly, happiness is a Pit Bull smile!
11. So clearly, there is absolutely no reason to have a pit bull … unless you’re looking for a dog full of more love than you think you can handle.