Faith Hill and Tim McGraw (photo from librosyprejuicios.blogspot.com)
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have been married 20 years, one couple in a long list of country stars who’ve been married for at least a decade. Not all of today’s stars can say the same thing.
The McGraw-Hill powerhouse first began as just a spark. Hill was opening for McGraw during his Spontaneous Combustion Tour in 1996, and that’s when the two first got acquainted. Despite divorce rumors, they will continue to tour with each other as planned, which probably means everything is fine.
On Hill’s birthday this year, her husband posted some nice words on Instagram: “Happy Birthday to this crazy, talented, beautiful woman. I’m am so lucky to be married to and be with her for the rest of my life. The best mother and role model that my 3 daughters could possibly have. She is extraordinary.”
Layin’ it on thick, eh, Tim?
In light of this happy occasion, here are the couple’s top five duets.
“It’s Your Love”
Let’s go way back to 1997, a year after they toured together and shortly after they got married. These two people were two of the hottest stars in country music at the time. So when this song dropped, so did people’s jaws.
“Just To Hear You Say That You Love Me”
The following year (1998), this single from Hill’s multi-platinum album, “Faith,” knocked fans off their feet. The video for the song was shot using only close-ups because Hill was pregnant at the time. With close camera shots and the black and white filter, it gave the whole video an intimate feel.
“Let’s Make Love”
The title of this song is pretty straight forward. By the time this song came out in 2000, everyone knew that this couple had chemistry out the wazoo. The video accompanying this song essentially shows viewers how much the two love each other.
“Like We Never Loved At All”
And then came 2005, that dreaded year. The couple broke up.
Actually, it was all an act. Set in the 1970s, the music video showed the two of them experiencing pain and loss, something everyone hopes never happens in real life.
“Meanwhile Back At Mama’s”
Zoom ahead to just a couple years ago in 2014. The couple is still doing just fine and still making music together. After 18 years of matrimony, they released this song and video, which showed just how good they still are together — in music and in life.
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill tour dates
Here are the 2017 tour dates through July 2017 for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s Soul2Soul World Tour:
- April 7 — New Orleans, La. @ Smoothie King Center
- April 9 — Tupelo, Miss. @ BancorpSouth Arena
- April 20 — North Charleston, S.C. @ North Charleston Coliseum
- April 21 — Birmingham, Ala. @ BJCC
- April 22 — Atlanta, Ga. @ Philips Arena
- April 27 — St. Louis, Mo. @ Scottrade Center
- April 28 — Louisville, Ky. @ KFC Yum! Center
- April 29 — Indianapolis, Ind. @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- May 4 — Newark, N.J. @ Prudential Center
- May 5-6 — Uncasville, Conn. @ Mohegan Sun
- May 11 — Tulsa, Okla. @ BOK Center
- May 12 — Lincoln, Neb. @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
- May 13 — Oklahoma City, Okla. @ Chesapeake Energy Arena
- May 18 — Spokane, Wash. @ Spokane Arena
- May 20 — Bozeman, Mont. @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
- May 25 — Boise, Idaho @ Taco Bell Arena
- May 26 — Portland, Ore. @ Moda Center
- May 27 — Tacoma, Wash. @ Tacoma Dome
- May 30 — Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada @ Rogers Arena
- June 2 — Calgary, Alberta, Canada @ Scotiabank Saddledome
- June 3 — Edmonton, Alberta, Canada @ Rogers Place
- June 4 — Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada @ Sasktel Centre
- June 7 — Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada @ MTS Centre
- June 9 — Sioux Falls, S.D. @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
- June 10 — Des Moines, Iowa @ Wells Fargo Arena
- June 15 — Grand Rapids, Mich. @ Van Andel Arena
- June 16 — Milwaukee, Wis. @ BMO Harris Bradley Center
- June 17 — Moline, Ill. @ iWireless Center
- June 22 — Ottawa, Ontario, Canada @ Canadian Tire Centre
- June 23 — Toronto, Ontario, Canada @ Air Canada Centre
- July 7 — Boston, Mass. @ TD Garden
- July 14 — Los Angeles, Calif. @ Staples Center
- July 21 — Glendale, Ariz. @ Gila River Arena
- July 23 — San Diego, Calif. @ Valley View Casino Center
- July 28 — Sacramento, Calif. @ Golden 1 Center
- July 29 — San Jose, Calif. @ SAP Center