| 11 Popular Fitness Myths Debunked |
1. High-Protein Diet Are Bad For Your Kidneys: The recommended daily allowance( RDA) for protein is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. In contrast, here at Nova Southeastern, we have data showing that if you’re a trained male bodybuilder and devour 3.3 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day( four times the RDA ), you’ll experience no harmful effects to your kidneys, liver, or blood lipids.
2. High-Protein Diet Leach Calcium From Your Bones: This myth about high-protein diets says that ingesting too much of it can construct your bones brittle and weak. We have done examines up to six months in duration that looked at the effects on the bones of women who consumed 2.5 -3. 0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight( about three times the RDA ). We found no decrease in bone health. In fact, the data suggested that if females eat a high-protein diet, they may increase their lumbar bone-mineral density.
3. Muscle Soreness Is Caused By A Buildup Of Lactic Acid: You might have heard a massage therapist telling, “Today, I’m going to massage the lactic acid out of your muscles so you won’t be sore .” Sorry to burst their bubble, but lactic acid, aka lactate, has nothing to do with delayed-onset muscle soreness. DOMS is chiefly caused by doing eccentric loading or negatives, or by doing exerts that tax your muscles in new ways. In either suit, the soreness comes from micro tears in your muscle fibers.
Lactate isn’t a metabolic poison and it doesn’t cause soreness. In fact, it’s a ga source used by your heart, brain, muscles, and kidneys.
4. You Lose More Fats By Decreasing Fats…Or Carbohydrates
5. Taking Creatine Causes Cramps And Dehydration
6. Women Who Strength-Train Get Big And Bulky
7. Artificial Sweeteners Are Bad For You
8. It Doesn’t Matter How Much You Eat, As Long As You Feed “Good Food “
9. You Have A Few Hours After Your Workout To Get Your Protein
10. Caffeine Is A Diuretic Agent That Can Lead To Dehydration
11. The Best Way To Lose Body Fat Or Weight Is Through Exercise
> Learn More About all 11 Myths: http :// bbcom.me/ 2Gneg0D