Since I am doing a quotes list, I decided that each character will get two lists. I already did a funny list for Sheldon. Now we’ll have some heartwarming quotes. These quotes were picked by me by using the quotes section on The Big Bang Theory’s site. These are not a reflection of the fan base, just my opinion.
Some of these actually border on being heartwarming and funny.
10. Penny: Well, she did soften your life, didn’t she?
Sheldon: Yes! She’s like the dryer sheets of my heart!
Why I Picked It: It’s corny, sweet, and funny all at once.
9. Penny: Do you want to stop? I know you have trouble with eye contact.
Sheldon: Well, you have a brown fleck in your right iris that looks like a Formula 1 race car, so I’m just concentrating on that. Plus it’s easier around people I’m comfortable with.
Penny: Oh, sweetie, I’m comfortable around you, too.
Sheldon: Of course you are. I’m warm and soothing. I’m like a human bowl of tomato soup.
Why I Picked It: This one borders on the humorous as well. But it also shows the friendship between Sheldon and Penny. I love those moments. I really love them as a duo.
8. Raj: Look at that. You’ve known you’re gonna be a father for less than a day and you’re already stepping up.
Leonard: I’m telling you, you got this.
Howard: Maybe you’re right.
Sheldon: Of course he’s right. You and I both know how hard it is growing up without a father. That’s why I’m confident you’re gonna be the best dad you can be.
Howard: Thank you, Sheldon.
Sheldon: You’re welcome. And if he has twins, we can do all kinds of neat experiments on them.
Why I Picked It: Out of all the guys, I really felt like Howard and Sheldon had the most hostile relationship. But in recent seasons, Sheldon has been there for Walowitz quite a bit. In fact, there’s another one on this list.
7. Sheldon: There’s no denying that I have feelings for you that can’t be explained in any other way. I briefly considered that I had a brain parasite, but that seems even more far-fetched. The only conclusion was love.
Why I Picked It: Sheldon admitting his feelings. How is that not heartwarming?
6. Sheldon: This is Leonard. He’s your best friend in the world.
Leonard: All right, just stop. This is ridiculous.
Sheldon: Sometimes he gets cranky, but you can trust him with your life. And he does more things for you than I can even begin to list.
Leonard: Thank you.
Why I Picked It: It’s obvious that Leonard is very important to Sheldon. Remember when Leonard had to coax Sheldon out of the ball pit? But it’s hard for Sheldon to express his true feelings and when he does, it’s just great.
5. Sheldon: Let’s see. What do I know about Amy? She loves medieval literature. Chaucer’s her favorite. And her eyes sparkle when she watches old French movies. And I enjoy how harp music causes her fingers to dance as if she’s playing along.
Bernadette: Wow, you really do love her.
Sheldon: I do. Now, let’s find the kind of gift that makes her feel small and worthless.
Why I Picked It: Here we see that Sheldon actually notices little things about his partner and he loves them.
4. Sheldon: What happened to me, Amy? Years ago I was completely disengaged from my feelings. I’d say it was a happier time, but I was disengaged from my feelings, so who can tell?
Why I Picked It: It takes a lot of growing up to see and admit something like this.
3. Sheldon: Penny, all my life I have been uncomfortable with the sort of physical contact that comes easily to others: handshaking, hugging, prostate exams. But I’m working on it, you know? Just recently, I had to put VapoRub on Amy’s chest. A year ago, that would have been unthinkable.
Why I Picked It: Same reason as the above quote.
2. Sheldon: Amy, I excel at many things, but getting over you wasn’t one of them. I think I need to just be your friend.
Why I Picked It: This is a heartbreaking scene and it is something very hard to accept.
1. Sheldon: May I say something?
Leonard: Not right now, Sheldon.
Sheldon: But I think it may be comforting.
Howard: No, it’s okay. What?
Sheldon: When I lost my own father, I didn’t have any friends to help me through it. You do.
Why I Picked It: I might get some heat for not picking a Shamy quote, but hear me out. Amy is a lot like Sheldon and it is easy to see why they love each other. But Howard and Sheldon are often times butting heads. Sheldon is being kind and supportive here of his own choice. This scene gets me every time.