Since I am doing a quotes list, I decided that each character will get two lists. One for funny quotes and the other for more touching, sentimental quotes. These quotes were picked by me by using the quotes section on the Big Bang Theory’s site. These are not a reflection of the fan base, just me. But you find a quote you like anyway. Some of these may be a mix of both heartwarming and funny.
10. Penny: Still mad at me about that?
Leonard: No. No, I understand. I got too intense, you had to back off.
Penny: Thank you.
Leonard: I’ve gotten a lot better at that, you know. I’ve dated four different women since we broke up and I didn’t tell any of them that I loved them and wanted to have their babies.
Penny: Good for you.
Why I Picked It: This one kind of got thrown in because I was running out of quotes. But we clearly see that Leonard still cared for Penny after one of their many break ups.
9. Leonard: Okay, you have every right to be mad. And what you said is true. You do make more money than me. So I had no right to do what I did. And I’m so sorry. I hope you can forgive me.
Penny: How long have you had this secret account?
Leonard: A couple years, but I just put a few bucks aside every month for emergencies.
Penny: Well, how much you got in there?
Leonard: Six thousand, four hundred and twenty-seven dollars. Forty-seven dollars once my nana’s birthday check gets here.
Why I Picked It: Leonard had to admit he was wrong and grow up a bit by accepting that Penny made more money than him.
8. Leonard: My point is, while you’re spending all this time on your own, building computers or practicing your cello, what you’re really doing is becoming interesting. When people finally do notice you, they’re gonna find someone a lot cooler than they thought. And for those of you that were popular in high school, it’s over, sorry. Thank you. Congratulations.
Why I Picked It: Leonard sticks up for all the little guys.
7. Leonard: So, for the remainder of my speech, this is for the invisible kids. Maybe you never fit in. Or maybe you were the smallest kid in the school. Or the heaviest. Or the weirdest. Maybe you’re graduating and you still haven’t even had your first kiss. By the way, nineteen, and Geraldine Coco, wherever you are, thank you. Maybe you don’t have any friends, and guess what, that’s okay. While all the popular kids are off doing whatever – I don’t know what they’re doing because I was never there.
Why I Picked It: Along the same lines as #8. But here Leonard makes the point that it is okay to be a part of the “invisible kids.”
6. Professor Proton: Can I ask you a question?
Leonard: Yeah, sure.
Professor Proton: Why do you put up with Sheldon?
Leonard: Oh, you know because we’re friends.
Professor Proton: Why?
Leonard: Wow, you ask really hard questions. Look, I know he can be aggravating, but what you have to remember is he’s not doing it on purpose, it’s just how he is. But he’s also loyal and trustworthy and we have fun together.
Professor Proton: You know you’re describing a dog?
Leonard: He did bite me once. But in his defense, I came up behind him while he was eating.
Professor Proton: They hate that.
Leonard: Sheldon is the smartest person I have met. He’s a little broken and he needs me. And I guess I need him too.
Professor Proton: Why is that?
Leonard: Boy, you will not let this go, will you?
Why I Picked It: Even though Leonard gets so aggravated with Sheldon, he will still stick up for him. True friendship.
Picture taken from: http://quotesgram.com/
This article is running long, so we will continue this countdown in part 2.