Bob Marley may seem a name out of place within the genre of classic rock music.
However, Bob was attempting to rise from the ashes of unthinkable poverty to lead a country through his songs of freedom. Reggae music was not popular outside of Jamaica until Bob Marley wrote songs that transcended race, country, and social standing. His words spoke universally as songs of peace, while the undertones carried strong political messages. Bob Marley is part of rock because, much like the counterculture of the sixties, he was using passive resistance through music as a way to implement change. The style of reggae that Bob popularized was a mixture of blues, funk, and rock. Bob Marley influenced the world with his message of hope, love, and unity. He remains one of the most popular musicians in the world today.
THE BEST BOB MARLEY SONG TOP TEN LIST FOR A ‘HIGHER’ PURPOSE:
10. Three Little Birds, Exodus (1977)
9. Mellow Mood, Rastaman Vibration (1976)
8. Sun Is Shining, Kaya (1978)
7. Redemption Song, Uprising (1980)
6. I Shot The Sheriff, Burnin‘ (1973)
5. Get Up Stand Up, Burnin‘ (1973)
4. War, Rastaman Vibration (1976)
3. Trenchtown Rock, Live! (1975)
2. No Woman No Cry, Live! (1975)
Concrete Jungle, Catch A Fire (1973)