Writing all those couple analyses for the Big Bang Theory was fun. So, I thought why not take all that information I gathered and make a top ten list? Everyone loves lists! Or at least, I do! That’s why I’m making another one! Here are MY top ten Lenny moments.
10. Admitting It: After another failed relationship, Penny confesses that she wants to go out with a guy like Leonard. Leonard works up the courage to ask her out, which she accepts.
9. Jealousy: Penny spies on Leonard with Amy. They see Sheldon’s pretty new graduate assistant, Alex Jensen, flirting with Leonard. Leonard is pretty much oblivious to her advances. Later on when Sheldon and Alex enter the apartment, Penny tells Alex about their five year experiment together (relationship). She then leads him off to her apartment for sex.
8. Only Have Eyes For You: In “The Egg Salad Equivalency,” Alex asks Leonard out to dinner after he expresses an interest in the Physics lecture she is going to. This really surprises Leonard. Though it makes him feel good to have an attractive young woman interested in him, he still loves Penny.
7. I Don’t Want To Fall In Love: In the episode “The Monopolar Expedition,” Leonard and the others were arranged to go to the North Pole for three months. Penny gives Leonard a blanket with sleeves and gave him a long hug. When asked what it meant, she said it was just a going away present. “It means I wish you weren’t going”, she whispers therefore revealing her hidden feelings.
6. Inner Beauty: In the Halloween theme episode “The Holographic Excitation,” Penny finally gets advice from Bernadette that “you get out of a relationship what you put into it.” Penny decides to take a more active interest in Leonard’s work. She visits his lab and is wowed by his holographic images and says that she sometimes forgets how smart he is. Penny heats up their relationship by starting to engage in sex in different locations.
5. “You Stupid Pop Tart:” Leonard wonders if he is the smart choice, if he is the healthy yet boring bran muffin. Penny doesn’t care what pastry he is because she is CHOOSING HIM. Leonard is still talking about being a pastry like a Cinnabon or a Strawberry Pop Tart.
Penny explains that she wants Leonard and getting fired made her think that fame and fortune is not going make her happy. Leonard wants to know what will make her happy. “You, you stupid Pop Tart!” she yells at him.
To change the mood, Leonard pulls a diamond ring out of his wallet that he has had for a couple of years. He gets down on one knee and asks Penny formally. Penny finally says “Oh my God, yes!”
4. I Love You: In the episode “The 43 Peculiarity”, Penny is working on a class project with an English student, Cole. Leonard becomes jealous and follows Cole. He warns him about Penny’s boyfriend, the “gang leader.” Penny witnesses this and therefore gets mad at Leonard. She tells him that he has nothing to worry about because she chooses to be with him and that he knows that she loves him. This pronouncement shocks both of them since Penny has never told Leonard that she loves him and she runs off scared before she breaks into tears.
3. Penny Wants to Be Romantic: In “The Romance Resonance,” Howard makes a romantic gesture to Bernadette by writing her a song. Leonard mentions that Penny never does anything like that, except for sex which doesn’t count. Penny decides to romance Leonard.
2. The Wedding: Penny and Leonard finally do get married in a little ceremony in a Las Vegas wedding chapel. Leonard tells Penny, “Penny, we are made of particles that have existed since the universe began. I like to think those atoms have traveled 14 billion years through time and space to create us so that we could be together and make each other whole.” Penny quotes the song “You got a friend in me” to Leonard.
Picture Taken From: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/
1. Stay With Me: After a fight, Leonard has a nightmare that Penny got even with him by making out with Sheldon. This finally spurs Leonard to try to make things right.
Leonard then confesses, “I’ve loved you from the moment we met and I will keep loving you until the end of time.”
Penny tells him that that was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to her. He then asks, “Penny Hofstadter, will you please stay married to me?” She replies “Aw, damn it, you topped it.” and they kiss.