Since I am doing a quotes list, I decided that each character will get two lists. One for funny quotes and the other for more touching, sentimental quotes. These quotes were picked by me by using the quotes section on the Big Bang Theory’s site. These are not a reflection of the fan base, just me. But you find a quote you like anyway. These quotes may be bordering the heartwarming/funny line.
- Penny: We’re engaged!
Raj: Wow. I thought me having sex with Emily was going to be the big news.
*Amy, Bernadette, Howard and Sheldon rush to Raj*
Leonard: Hey, hey. What the hell?!
Bernadette: You guys propose all the time, this never happens.
Penny: You’re right. Yay!
*Leonard & Penny go to celebrate with Raj*
Why I Picked It: It’s sweet that Bernadette stuck up for Raj.
- Bernadette: I don’t think I can meet the girl who was always mean to me. Tammy Bodnick. One time, while I was in gym class, she stole all my clothes and left an elf costume in my locker.
Penny: Oh, that’s awful.
Bernadette: Worst part was, it was too big.
Why I Picked It: It may have been a mean gesture on Tammy’s part, but it was nice to see a glimpse of Bernadette’s childhood. Besides, picturing her in an oversized elf costume makes me go “awwwww.”
- Raj: Can I tell her she looks nice?
Raj: Can I tell her I miss her?
Bernadette: Maybe, if she asks.
Raj: Can I show her an oil painting I made of us surrounded by our children and grand-children.
Bernadette: I’d save that for the second date.
Why I Picked It: Bernadette helping Raj will always be sweet.
- Bernadette: I got into science because I was always the smallest kid in the school. I thought if I became a scientist I could invent a formula that made me taller.
Amy: That’s cute.
Bernadette: I thought it was working for a while, but then I found out my brother was just lowering the pencil marks on the door frame.
Why I Picked It: I wrote an article recently about how Bernadette feels working in a male dominated field. It’s nice to see her reminisce about where her interest in science started. Especially since it’s a cute story.
- Bernadette: Anyway, it’ll be a nice surprise for the boys. And Howie doesn’t think I take his interests seriously, so hopefully this will keep him fooled for a while.
Why I Picked It: She tries for Howard AND she thought of all of the boys.
- Bernadette: It’s what I do with Howard. I’m much smarter than he is. But it’s important to protect his manhood.
Why I Picked It: At least she worries about his manhood.
- Bernadette: If you think about it, without you he never would have grown into the person he is now. I mean sure, more women may notice him, but I think it’s better to have a guy be with you because he wants to be, and not because he doesn’t think he has any other choice.
Penny: I never thought about it like that.
Bernadette: Me neither. Not until just now.
Why I Picked It: It was a really nice thing to say to Penny.
- Howard: You don’t think I’m a leader?
Bernadette: I was kidding. Of course you are.
Howard: Right. I couldn’t change if I wanted to.
Bernadette: You better not change, because I love who you are. Now, will you need help cleaning all this up when you’re done or can you do it all by yourself?
Howard: All by myself.
Bernadette: There’s my big boss man.
Why I Picked It: It’s a sweet Bernadette/Howard moment.
- Bernadette: I don’t know what you think you’re doing, but this is a very difficult time for my husband. We’re eating the last food his mother ever made. And you are going to throw it at each other like children? Whatever it is you’re fighting about, put it aside, go back in there, be a good friend to Howard, or there’s no dessert for either of you.
Why I Picked It: Bernadette knew that Howard was going through a rough time after his mother’s death. She really laid down the law and stuck up for him.
- Bernadette: Are you kidding? I’ve always been treated differently! Look at me. Listen to me. I mean, the first thought when you see me isn’t, That’s a scientist.” It’s, “I wonder if her mommy knows where she is.”